Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's here!!!

I am so excited for tonight! I have my DVR all set up and ready to go... and popcorn ready to be popped! It's the night of the ACADEMY AWARDS!!! I love watching it. I don't recall ever missing it. EVER. I always watched it with my Mom growing up... I'm sure she will be watching it herself in Florida.

I LOVE movies- especially Oscar nominated movies! I tell Sam that watching this show is like the Superbowl for me. Luckily he gets that comparison!

So--- my votes:

For Best Picture my vote goes to: SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE! Sam and I saw this movie last night and it is by far the best movie I have seen in a LONG time. It moved me and I love movies that do that! If you haven't seen it, go see it!



For Best Actress I'm going with Kate Winslet. I just adore her and think she is AMAZING and I am so rooting for her tonight! I think she completely deserved to also be nominated for her role in Revolutionary Road (which I am surprised is not in any categories). I loved that movie as well.



I really don't have a vote this year for Best Actor. Or Best Director.

My vote for Best Supporting Actor goes to Heath Ledger.



And for Best Supporting Actress I am voting for Amy Adams. I just think she is GREAT!



I can't wait to see all the beautiful dresses and hear all the speeches! I'll post tomorrow with my Best Dressed!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

It looks like you did pretty well- all but one, NOT BAD! I would have picked Amy Adams as well, but Penelope deserved it too! Can't wait to see you soon!

February 23, 2009 at 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home